Mission Statement and Our Vision
The Aims of the School
We aim to deliver excellent education by providing a stimulating, rich and relevant curriculum which balances the rigorous teaching of core skills and knowledge with creative and imaginative opportunities.
We believe in our role in shaping future communities and aim to ensure our children leave Mayville Primary School as happy, successful, thoughtful, confident individuals and equipped with the skills they need to do the best they can in their immediate environment and the wider world.
Our expectations of the children and the adults within the school are high. We foster a welcoming, safe, disciplined environment where all children, families and all other members of our school community are treated with kindness and respect.
We are committed to providing children with the very best education to ensure that each child reaches their maximum potential and develops a lasting love of learning and sense of curiosity in the world around them.
To achieve our aims we will ensure that:
- Equality of opportunity and access is promoted and available to all and that all children feel happy, valued, secure and motivated to participate in their own learning.
- Positive role models are displayed through team work and positive, caring attitudes.
- A culture of success is emphasised through personal best and achievements are celebrated in a safe environment.
- Children gain an understanding of their responsibilities by making choices about their behaviour and attitudes in both school and the wider community.
- The holistic development of each individual is promoted and within this, we recognise the diversity of the individual.
- Everyone is willing to take on new ideas, share experiences and encounter challenge.
- All children have equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum, with an emphasis on the child’s right to achieve, intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally.
- Parents/carers feel welcomed and supported as well as involved and informed.
- Pupil voice is at the heart of all we do to empower all children to become confident, resilient and reflective independent learners